Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Service Blog #8

This was out last week of service, and before we left to go to the service site we were handed a box of candy canes. I had no idea how big of impact those candy canes would have on my day. I thought that the candy canes would be used at the end of the class as a way of saying goodbye. I wanted to accomplish something in the last day, however the people that are in the class room with me, the teacher, and as a result the students had other ideas. As soon as we walked into the classroom my co-teachers started to handout candy canes, assisted by the teacher.  I think one of the toughest tasks a teacher can have is to try to settle down a class of 5th graders after giving them candy canes. We tried to then review what we have learned with each other, it did not work. Instead of trying to work through the student’s energy my co-teachers decided to just play games. I will not be returning to this service site next semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment