Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Service Blog #7

This week was the last service project before Thanksgiving Break, and I found it extremely frustrating. I really dislike the idea that the service meets only once a week, I feel like nothing is accomplished. The only thing that is accomplished is the basic terms, and those terms are drilled into the students. Nothing deeper is ever accomplished. I know that this is only a service project, that we are only there one day a week to teach things that the students, at least in the school’s eyes, the students don’t need to know. I feel like we are there sometimes just to give the teachers a break, at it frustrates me. I take the tasks seriously, I’m not just there to make the students laugh, as much as I would like to, but to teach them something. That task is not being accomplished right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment