Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Service Learning Blog #1

As expected, when I woke from bed Monday morning I was extremely nervous. Monday morning marked my first service learning experience. The meeting time for my trip to St. Monica’s in Garfield Heights was scheduled for 7:45 a.m. However due to a mishap in the scheduling department, something I guess I shouldn’t be surprised about, our van didn’t leave until 8:30. In the We the People program there are three college students assigned to a room, and none of us consulted each other. Call it a rookie mistake on our part. When we finally entered the class room we were in no way, shape, or form prepared to be there, at least not collectively. Luckily because of our late depart from the school we only had to be in the classroom for a half a hour instead of the normally scheduled hour. Being in the front of that room with 28 pairs of eyes, including the teacher, staring at you was not a great feeling, a feeling I would like to avoid in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment