Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Service Blog #3

Before my service project this week, I organized the rest of my group so we could sit down and talk about our lesson for the next week. In the week prior we had very little organization, and I believed it showed. I wanted to be prepared for this week and surprisingly so did the rest of my group. We met the day prior to the service day and talked about the chapter that we were to be teaching the next day. We had a very good discussion and led to a greater understanding of the material as a whole. The difference that preparedness made was extraordinary. The students became more involved in the material from the lone fact that we were. Another thing that I observed was a change in the teacher’s demeanor. She is now past the stage of trying to impress “outsiders,” and is showing her actual classroom demeanor, which involves yelling at the kids often.   

No comments:

Post a Comment